Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Zagora -Mhamid
The tour starts with an unforgettable drive across the High Atlas Mountains. Ascend through the 7,413-foot (2,260-meter) high Tizi N’Tichka Pass. See beautiful villages suspended on the flanks of the mountains.
Stop to visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Many films have been shot here, including “The Mummy,” “Gladiator,” “7 Days in Tibet,” “Alexander the Great,” and “Babel.”
Pause for lunch at the Ait Ben Haddou. Proceed to Ouarzazate, and then to Zagora, a distance of approximately 100 miles (167 kilometers). At Agdz, you will emerge from the mountains to catch a first and extraordinary glimpse of the Draa Valley and the oases.
Gaze at thick streaks of palm trees reaching out into the haze, and discover the first sign of the Draa Kasbahs, which rise from the landscape, green giving way to the desert.
Depart Zagora for the village of Mhamid, Settle down to dinner and an overnight stay in Mhamid.
Distance : 280 miles (440 kilometers)
Day 2: M’hamid – Erg Chegaga
Depart from your hotel in Mhamid, passing the Hamada of Draa in the direction of the sand dunes of Erg Chegaga. Stones are soon replaced by sand that piles up in higher and higher mounds until the climax at Chegaga, the highest dunes in Morocco.
The largest group of dunes reaches a height of 980 feet (300 meters) and stretches for approximately 24 miles (40 kilometers). The sunset and sunrise views from the dunes across the picturesque sea of sand to the south are mesmerizing.
Pausing for a picnic lunch, you will also experience a true camel trek in the desert, enjoying the grand solitude, immensity, and silence of the Sahara. Spend the night under a starry sky.
Distance:94 miles (150 kilometers) – 41 miles off-road (65 kilometers).
Day 3: Erg Chegaga – M’hamid – Zagora – Marrakech
After breakfast, depart for the return trip to Marrakech. On the way, visit the town of Ouarzazate with its Kasbah of Taourirt. Stop for lunch in Ouarzazate and visit the famous film studios.
After lunch, drive to Marrakech via the Tizi N’Tichka Pass and end the tour.
Distance:311 miles (500 kilometers) – 41 miles off-road (65 kilometers).
- Transportation by 4WD vehicle
- Accommodation for 2 nights based on double occupancy. Daily half-board
- Monuments and entrance fees
- Full board during the tour. Vegetarian options are available
- Camel ride in Chegaga
- English speaking tour guide/driver
- All taxes
- Transfer from Moroccan cities or airports to Marrakech. If you want a staff member to collect you a supplement will be charged
- Single supplement of Euros 50
- Extra meals
- All drinks
- Optional extra excursions (reserve and pay on location)
- Travel through desert dunes stretching to infinity
- Follow the paths of the dromedary caravans
- See the desert at its most beautiful at sunset
- Dine and lodge in a bivouac in the desert
- Feel like an authentic desert inhabitant at the Kasbahs and Ksours