Day 1: Marrakech – Mhamid
Your Marrakech to Erg Chigaga Morocco desert tour will start at 07:30 with a pick up from your Marrakech hotel / Riad.
Depart Marrakech, winding up through the Atlas Mountains over the Tichka Pass where the views are quite splendid. A few stops are made for taking in the scenery and photography. You arrive in Ouarzazate for lunch before you continue to Zagora crossing the Draa river which has given life to a huge oasis spreading for about 200 km at the foothill of the anti Atlas mountains.
Along the way, several palmeraies will bring their shades between Kasbahs and fortified villages dotted with fields of corn, barley, Vegetables and henna plantations.
After breakfast, you drive to M’hamid (where the paved road ends) passing by the village of Tamagroute where you will have the opportunity to visit on the oldest Quranic libraries in Morocco, then the underground kasbah and the pottery factory.
Dinner and Overnight at your boutique hotel dar Azawad in Mhamid.
Day 2: Mhamid – Erg Chigaga
Early afternoon, you depart for Erg Chigaga dunes crossing different features of the desert; ‘Erg’, ‘Reg’, ‘Hammada’, oases. Erg Chigaga dunes are far away from civilization and the silence of the sand is overwhelming. Ride your camels across the dunes and enjoy one of the most dramatic sunsets over the color changing sands. Dinner under the stars next to the camp fire, while entertained by the local nomads playing local music. Overnight at deluxe Sahara desert camp.
Day 3: Erg Chigaga – Foum Zguid – Ouarzazate
After breakfast, the road takes you through another 90km of the desert with varying scenery, you first cross Lake Iriqui, the mountains and fossils following the old track of “Rally Paris Dakar” to Foum Zguid the first village after the desert, and where the paved road begins. After lunch continue to the Berber village of Taznakht, famous for its Berber carpets and rugs, you arrive in Ouarzazate late in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Luxury hotel in Ouarzazate, Ksar Ighnda .
Day 4: Ouarzazate – Marrakech
After breakfast, you can enjoy a visit of the film studios located just outside Ouarzazate which is known as Hollywood of Africa. You then continue to visit the world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou, previously used as a set for more than 20 Hollywood blockbusters including “Gladiator” “Indiana Jones” and “Lawrence of Arabia”. Enjoy a walk to explore the traditional Moroccan style of architecture in which the Kasbahs are built.
You continue your way to Marrakesh through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi n’Tichka pass. Depending on time, lunch can be served in Ait Ben Hadou or in the Atlas Mountains on the way to Marrakech. Arrival at Marrakech by 17:00.
Your private Marrakech to Erg Chigaga 4 days desert tour will end with a drop off at your Marrakech hotel / Riad, or a location of your choice.
- A/C deluxe Toyota land cruisers driven by an English speaking professional driver/guide
- First night in Mhamid hotel (incl. dinner and breakfast)
- Camel trekking in Erg Chigaga
- Overnight at a deluxe desert camp with private tents and proper bedding tour (incl. dinner and breakfast)
- Overnight at Ouarzazate guest house (incl. dinner and breakfast)
What’s Not Included
- Lunch on the way
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees if any
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains & Tizi Ntichka pass
- Visit the UESCO listed Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou
- Drive across Draa Valley famous for its date palm trees dotted oases and Kasbahs
- Visit the Koranic school and library of Tamgrout
- Take a sand bashing adventure in Erg Chigaga dunes
- Spend he night at a nomadic desert camp in the middle of nowhere
- Cross the dry salt lake of Iriqui
- Enjoy a fossil hunting advenutre on your way to Foum Zguid village